With my previous article on “what does a book mean to me” , I have explained in detail about by love for books. But with lots of books come the responsibility of storing it safely and nicely. Storing a book is an art. I want my books to be seen every time I cross that area. It gives me satisfaction to see my collection and a motivation to add more to it. So I was going through the internet, particularly pinterest, when I came across the ways of storing books in a home. But what attracted me more were the different styles of doing it. Earlier every household had a bookshelf to store their collection but with urbanization came lot many different ideas and styles of doing that. So I thought of penning down some of the interesting ways that I came across.
Top 10 ways of storing books in the home which not only stores but also beautifies the home with its presence.
- I have written lot of write ups on greenery, plants and saving nature. Everywhere in the world, architects are picking ways to build homes in such manner that there is least harm to the environment. I have come across this idea which is one way of utilizing the nature in the household. Scanning the internet will give ample examples where, several houses are built with trees included in the inner space of the home. Here a bookshelf is made out of the bark of the tree going inside the room. Its a wonderful and optimum use of space and nature in the home.
- This idea is best suited for bedrooms. A nice corner with your choicest of books will make the bedroom your favorite room in the home.
- Many households have stairs inside them. And mostly the space beneath is used as a store room or is left like that. At max what is done with the space is that plants are placed there. What I have thought of making it, is a reading space with a shelf like this . Its a wonderful use of space here.
- This is yet another way of doing up the stairs. It has a really lovely idea of filling spaces in the home by useful things. Here its completely filled with books. Apart from this, some decorative items of your choice can also be placed here along with books.
- Kids room is where things are placed vibrantly and in sync with kids temperament. This bookshelf, shown below just illustrates that. Rather than a bookshelf, it looks like a play area for kids. It can help kids in building reading as their hobby.
- I could have never imagined of making use of photo frames in such a useful way. In addition to the beautification of the home, it serves a purpose of storage.
- A corner in the living room can be allocated for such design work.
- A corner in the attic room of your house can be used for placing this bookshelf.
- Different wooden planks of different sizes can be utilized into making this structure. Apart from this any structure of your choice can also be made. Here it is serving the purpose of storing books. But it can be used for any other purpose of you choice and convenience.
- This is a perfect way to convert an unattended corner on your home into a reading corner.
I am always intrigued by the out of the box thinking of decorating the spaces. These ways are such ways of storing books which has taken my interest. Some day I will be implementing one or two of these ideas in my home. What about you?
Happy reading and happy decorating.